Thursday, December 20, 2012

Happy Thoughts

Amidst all of the sadness of the past week with the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, there have also been a lot of really great moments in the past week. I feel guilty having a good week, when there are so many people with so much sadness in their life, but I think its important to embrace the good moments in life too.

I spent the weekend in North Carolina with my sister and her two children. They are ages one and three. We made gingerbread houses, we had brunch with Santa at the Country Club. We made cookies. One of my friends from First Descents came over for dinner and we spent some quality time catching up. It was a great weekend.

Yesterday was another day with lots of little things that brought a smile to my face. John's whinny as I walked into the barn in the morning. A couple of good phone calls. Conversations with friends. A Christmas card in the mail with the reminder of an upcoming adventure for 2013. And the closing line of an email that made me laugh out loud.

I hope there are some happy moments in your day today too.


This picture has absolutely nothing to do with this post, but flipping through all of the pictures in my computer trying to find something relevant, I found Omey and me hamming it up for the camera in Peru. We were happy, so there is the connection!



No comments:

Post a Comment