Friday, September 14, 2012

Sunrise on the farm

One of the things I love best about feeding calves in the morning is watching the sunrise. There are always brilliant colors in the sky. Last Wednesday, the sun was a bold red coming up through the trees. I especially love the morning fog as it clings to the hills surrounding the farm, and the quiet beauty of the trees.

The trees will be changing colors soon, and as much as I love the fall foliage colors, I will truly miss being surrounded by green. Another of my favorite things, listening to the sound of the wind ripple through the corn, is already disappearing as everyday more corn gets chopped and taken back to the silo. The cows will eat well this winter, and I will be able to ride in those fields again, but I will miss the gentle ripple of corn stalks against each other as we are riding alongside a field.







No comments:

Post a Comment