Horse People Are Good People

Reading or watching the news can be a very depressing thing. There is so much bad news in the world, sometimes it makes me want to just hide somewhere. I'm sure everyone knows that feeling, things like the shooting in Colorado or at the Empire State Building yesterday are so senseless. I know I am more aware of my surroundings in the last few years than I ever have been before.

That being said, there are still things that restore my faith in humankind. One of my favorite things about writing articles for Massachusetts Horse magazine are all of the wonderful people I interview for the articles. I've talked to everyone from 4-H members who are showing their Miniature horses, to professional horse trainers. Horse people really are good people and the conversations I've had while interviewing people for magazine articles always make me smile.

Today, I judged the Donkey and Mule show at Brooklyn Fair. This is another great group of people who are out there having a good time with their animals and helping each other. Their goodwill and camaraderie are apparent and rub off on everyone around them, even the spectators.

I think its important not to bury your head in the sand and to read the news reports. We need to honor the victims and educate everyone to make the world a safer place. But its equally important to turn off the news, go find a good group of people and let your spirit in humanity be restored.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Circus

Life Lessons from Ridecamp: Stopping to Help

Life Lessons from Ridecamp: Know Where You're Going