Thursday, June 28, 2012

Salt

Awhile back I blogged about salt, and how I felt guilty because my horses went without salt blocks in their stalls for a few weeks.

Then I finally got them Himalayan salt blocks, and everyone ignored their blocks. I wasn’t quite sure how to feel about this.


Fast forward a few more months and I bought them a Redmond Rock – supposedly the best equine salt out there, mined in Utah – for in their pasture. No one ever saw them touch it. I was glad they didn’t feel they needed salt, but at the same time, I would have liked it if someone had done something with the salt block.

It had been awhile since I looked at the salt holder. They actually ate the Redmond Rock. Not only that, when it was gone, one of them moved the salt holder over and dug a hole, trying to find more Redmond Rock. I was thrilled they actually liked it! I went back to the same store to buy them another Redmond Equine, but they were sold out. Hopefully another shipment comes in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment