Foxes


I saw another fox when I was driving home last night. This was a big one, and the second one I have seen this week. Considering I have lived in Ashford close to three years, but have only seen foxes in the last six months, it has gotten me thinking.

One of two things is going on here:
1. There has been an increase in the local fox population.
2. Its some kind of symbolism for me.

While the first is quite likely true, its kind of neat to think about the second one. I went to the Native American Encyclopedia and looked up there Fox Symbolism.

I'll summarize a bit for you:
- the Celts believe the fox is a guide and known for its wisdom
- in Japan the fox symbolizes longevity and protection from evil
- the Northern tribes of Native Americans see the fox as a wise and noble messenger

The take home message at the end, at least the message I took home:

"The fox encourages us to think outside of the box and use our intelligence in different, creative ways. The fox also brings us a message to try to approach our circumstances differently that we normally would. Be aware of some of our habits, and try a different angle of action."

Comments

  1. made me wonder too I looked at a fox ecology site, they are feeding a growing family this time of year - the ones yhou saw were probably going for groceries. I like the symbolism too. ANyway here is the eco site on the fox.

    http://www.thefoxwebsite.org/ecology/ecologylifecycle.html Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Family Circus

Life Lessons from Ridecamp: Stopping to Help

Life Lessons from Ridecamp: Know Where You're Going