Monday, January 30, 2012

Simple Things

A couple of weeks ago, I picked up my cousin's eight year old son for a morning of snacks and board games. While I was spreading tortilla chips out on a cookie sheet, and putting salsa and cheese on top for homeade nachos, he looked up at me and said, "This is the best day ever!"

I know for a fact that he had an awesome Christmas (a new bike), as well as many other great days. But the simple joy he expressed over his favorite snack and a game of Chinese checkers reminded me that we all need to find joy in the simple things in life.

Not every day will be monumental, but a plate of nachos, a good ride on your favorite horse, or many of life's other simple things can turn an ordinary day into an extraordinary one with the right attitude.

1 comment:

  1. So true. Life is nothing but a collection of moments to cherish

    ReplyDelete