Thursday, November 24, 2011
I hope that everyone has a very happy and safe Thanksgiving with their friends and family.
I think this time of year spurs everyone to reflect on the past year, and what we are thankful for.
Today I am thankful for:
- My wonderful horses, they are athletic and talented, but also have great personalities! I am very lucky to have three horses to ride.
- My family and awesome friends. Without the support of everyone, I would not be able to achieve many of my dreams.
- I am thankful that my parents have a barn where I can keep my horses (otherwise I couldn't have them) and that they take care of my horses when I am off on adventures.
- It goes without saying that I am glad to be healthy! Knock on wood, I will keep cancer as a distant memory!
- 2011 has been a year of adventure for me. I rode my horse in Acadia National Park, went whitewater kayaking in Montana again with First Descents, and ran the two-hundred mile Colorado Relay on the First Descents All-Camper team. Plus I rode my horse in lots of other fun places, thanks to my friends.
Be thankful and enjoy your day!