Saturday, November 26, 2011

The English Countryside



I've always wanted to visit England. When I was traveling with the National FFA Organization, we went to Scotland, Ireland and France, but missed England. Its on my to-do list. I've also always wanted to go on a horseback riding vacation, thats on my to-do list too.

Today, Secret and I made our own little "English Riding Adventure." We were riding through one of the fields, and came across some of my grandfather's sheep, who were also enjoying the unusually warm and sunny November morning. It took them a little while to notice us, I was trying to sneak closer to get a better picture, but then we scared them.

The surprising part of meeting the sheep, was that Secret was not afraid of them. She checked the other pasture, to be sure the cows were not out, and then gamely walked toward the sheep. The sheep were not so convinced, and took off. We let them go.

For a couple seconds there, I pretended we were riding through the English Countryside instead of at home!

Its been an awesome weekend for riding here in Connecticut. I think mother nature is taking pity on us after dumping all of that rain. Although the fields and trails are really muddy, its sunny and beautiful. I went for a long ride on John yesterday, and a long ride on Secret today. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment