Friday, September 2, 2011

August blogs

You may or may not have noticed, but I haven’t blogged in awhile, to be accurate, the entire month of August. Things have been rather hectic and over the next few days (or weeks, we’ll see how it goes) I will attempt to fill in a couple of the blanks on what I have been up to.

For the brief synopsis:

I went to North Carolina at the beginning of the month and spent a few days with my sister and her family. It was great to play with my niece and nephew as well as catch up with some good friends while I was down there. The time flew by way too quickly. Next came the NEATO 25 mile competitive trail ride in Rhode Island. It was our first competition since the lameness issue at the Pine Tree Endurance Ride in June. I went up to Townshend, Vermont the next week to visit Friesians of Majesty for an article in Massachusetts Horse magazine. If you ever have the chance to visit Friesians of Majesty, it is a beautiful farm with fabulous horses and people.

The last weekend in August had been circled on my calendar for a long time. August 27-28 – the dates of the Colorado Relay. I was on the First Descents All Camper Team for this 200-mile relay race. There are so many things to say about this weekend (and the months of preparation that went into me being ready for it) that it will eventually get at least one post of its own.

And now, August is over and I feel a sense of relief, or at least peacefulness. It was a great month with several fun activities, major accomplishments and a lot of busy days in between those. I am looking forward to a slower fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment