Friday, March 25, 2011

Thank you Equitrekking!



We have our first sponsor for the 2nd Annual Summer Solstice Trail Ride! Thank you Darley Newman from Equitrekking for donating a signed copy of your book and all four seasons of your show on dvd.

Visit Darley at: www.equitrekking.com or click the link on the right side bar of my blog.

For those that haven't marked your calendars yet:

Summer Solstice Trail Ride to benefit First Descents
Saturday, June 18, 2011
9 am registration with riders on the trail by 10 am
Location: Fort Hill Farms in Thompson, CT
www.forthillfarms.com
Cost: $20 for adults and $10 for youth with pre-registration

Lunch is provided with your registration, and as always, we have great prizes - like a book or dvd set from Equitrekking!

The trail ride is a benefit for First Descents (www.firstdescents.org). First Descents provides whitewater kayaking and other outdoor adventure experiences to promote emotional, psychological and physical healing for young adults with cancer. I participated in one of the kayaking camps in Montana in July 2009 and 2010 and cannot begin to tell you how much I benefited from this experience. First Descents gave me empowerment again after cancer and introduced me to many other young adult survivors. I host a spring and fall ride every year, this will be the fourth ride I have hosted. To date I have raised $3,365 for First Descents.

No comments:

Post a Comment