Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Epic Fail

Christine Taylor from Equinature (natural equine company in Massachusetts) was one of the presenters at the Eastern Competitive Trail Ride Association (ECTRA)convention this past weekend. Her seminar was very informative and I bought a bag of CushMush from her at the trade show. It is an organic feed for cushings horses - green peas, red clover, alfalfa, beet pulp, sunflower seeds etc. It didn't cost much and I figured it was worth a try for Lilac (who doesn't have cushings but has had laminitis so I am trying to change her diet. Lilac refuses grain, so I have been giving her a peppermint every night instead).

I forgot the CushMush at my apartment yesterday so finally tried it tonight.

Another epic fail, Lilac barely even sniffed it and went back to her hay.

I took it over to John (the hoover) he played around with it and went back to his beet pulp mix. Remi ate a bite and spit it back into the dish. Then picked up the spit out chunk and tried it again. And spit it out. And on the third bite she ate it and went back to her beet pulp mix. Secret was finished with her beet pulp so ate it with a very peculiar look on her face.

I'll mix the rest of the bag of CushMush into their beet pulp over the next few nights - that way they won't realize they are eating health food. And I'll just have to find sugar free peppermints for Lilac and keep giving her a peppermint while I grain everyone else.

Visit Equinature at: www.equinature.com

No comments:

Post a Comment