Friday, January 28, 2011

A Daily Smile

Sometime in 2006, a new website was formed called Daily Lit. I read about it in Real Simple magazine and went to the website.

You can visit their website at www.dailylit.com

The premise of the site is that books are emailed to you in small segments at a rate that you choose. The small segments only take a few minutes to read and they are in your inbox so you get your dose of literature without carrying a book around. And many of the books (all of the ones I have read) are free.

I have found that Daily Lit a great way to slow down for a couple of minutes. Over the years I have read or re-read many books through Daily Lit. I read Anna Karenia for the first time through Daily Lit. I re-read all of Jane Austen's novels using Daily Lit. I started some books and really didn't like them so suspended the subscriptions.

A couple months ago they sent out their monthly newsletter and suggested we all cater to the kid in ourselves and offered several selections. I chose The Secret Garden which is one of my all time favorites and each day when I read my installment, it brings a smile to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment