Friday, October 8, 2010

Volunteers Wanted!

I am looking for volunteers to help with the 2nd Annual Fun In The Forest Trail Ride on Saturday, October 16, 2010 at the Silvermine Campground in Natchaug State Forest. As many of you know, the trail ride is a benefit for First Descents (www.firstdescents.org). First Descents has had a major impact on my life and I am looking forward to hosting the trail ride for them again this year.

Volunteers Needed For:

Marking the Trail - Janeen (rode at Fun In The Forest and Spring Fever) is going to help me pick a trail this Sunday. We need to mark the trail on Friday.

Pick up apples - Chaplin Farms has donated apples but someone needs to go pick them up Thursday or Friday (October 15th). We have a volunteer - thank you Kelsey!

Registration - it starts at 9 a.m. so volunteers would need to arrive around 8:30 am and be there until at least 10:30 am - We have at least one volunteer - thank you!

Photographer - we need more pictures this year! I have a lot of prizes being donated and the donors would like pictures and First Descents would also like pictures and I bet the riders would like pictures too

Scavenger Hunt - optional for riders and lots of people are signing up. Its a photographic scavenger hunt and I need someone to check off items as riders are returning from the trail.

Lunch - This is a big one. I am still looking for a sponsor for lunch and then we need someone to coordinate, feed riders and volunteers and clean up. If you have any ideas for a sponsor - let me know! I have asked a lot of local restaurants but haven't found anyone willing yet.

Unmark the Trail - Take the trail markers down. I would like to ride Fun In The Forest if possible this year, and if so, I can ride out last and take them down as I ride back.

It seems like I must be forgetting something, but this gives you a rough idea of what I need help with. If you have any availability or ideas for me, please let me know. I know some of you won't be able to attend, but forward this on if you know of someone that wants to volunteer. I am still trying to figure out prizes for volunteers too!

Thank you for your time and consideration! If you are interested in helping out, email me at stearnsiejr at yahoo dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment